Agri Food Immigration Pilot
In 2019, the government of Canada announced to initiate a new immigration pilot for labour in agricultural industries, taking into consideration the shortage of labour in these industries. The pilot is all set to launch in May 2020 and will begin accepting applications from 15th May 2020. Any further changes will be informed a few days before this date.
This is a 3-year agri-food immigration pilot which will provide eligible temporary foreign workers in the sector with the pathway to Canadian permanent residence. A maximum of 2750 applicants and their families will be selected for the permanent residency every year. Therefore, maximum 16,500 applicants will be selected in the three years of this program.
- Meat processing
- Retail butcher
- Industrial butcher
- Food processing labourer
- Harvesting labourer for year-round mushroom production and greenhouse crop production
- General farm worker for year-round mushroom production and greenhouse crop production or livestock raising
- farm supervisor and specialized livestock worker for meat processing, year-round mushroom production, greenhouse crop production or livestock raising
- Work experience – 12 months of full-time, non-seasonal Canadian work experience in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program in one of the eligible occupations.
- Language – A Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 in English or French
- Education – Canadian equivalency of high school level or greater
- Job offer – Intermediate job offer for full time, non-seasonal work in Canada, outside of Quebec.
The Agri-food Immigration Pilot documentation and filing can be done with the help of a Canada Certified Immigration Expert. While the process is not difficult, the chances of errors are high. It is advisable that you file your application with proper guidance.
To make it more simplified and to get the best consultation, K. TAGGARZ Co. is at your service. Will it be the best way for you to apply for coming to Canada. Get the best advice now, from one of our immigration counsellors.