Canada has various methods for granting visas to the people working in various fields. The same is the case for caregivers. A foreign national who is qualified to provide care for children, elderly or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision, must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the Live-In Caregiver Program in Canada. The caregiver must fulfil the requirements according to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).

Caregiver pilot program

  • Caring for children - The caregiver must provide a minimum of 30 hours care to a child (under 18 years).
  • Caring for elderly - The caregiver must provide a minimum of 30 hours care to an elderly person (65 or above).
  • Caring for persons with disabilities - The caregiver must provide a minimum of 30 hours care to a person with disabilities or any medical conditions.

Requirements for a Live-In Caregiver Visa

  • A written contract- a contract between you and your employer should be signed by both. It should show that all the requirements according to the HRSDC have been met. The job duties, hours of work, wages, accommodation, holiday entitlements and termination and resignation terms should also be specified.
  • Training and experience - Training of 6 months or at least one year of full-time paid work as a caregiver or in a related field in the past three years
  • Canadian Secondary School Education or equivalent - This basically means 12 years of education.
  • Positive Labour Market Opinion
  • Work Permit

Apply as a Caregiver Now

The Live-In Caregivers documentation and filing can be done with the help of a Canada Certified Immigration Expert. While the process is not difficult, the chances of errors are high. It is advisable that you file your application with proper guidance.

To make it more simplified and to get the best consultation, K.

TAGGARZ Co. is at your service. Demonstrated ability to assist people to obtain permanent and temporary resident visas and other related documentation.  Get the best advice now, from one of our immigration counsellors.

WhatsApp chat