Extension of Work Permit

If you are in Canada as a live-in caregiver, temporary worker or International Experience Canada worker, your work permit allows you to legally work in the country.

Your permit has an expiry date and before you get to this date, you may wish to renew or extend your work permit so you can continue to remain and stay employed in Canada. How you apply to renew your permit will depend on the type of work you do.

Renewing a Work Permit as a Temporary Worker

If you are a temporary worker in Canada, you can file to renew your permit by filing an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada 30 days or more before your current permit expiry date. You can apply online or through a paper application.

If your job changes or is extended, follow the instructions on the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada to show officials how your employment has changed. If you have a new job offer or a new employer in Canada, you must apply for a new work permit and you must not start your new job until you have your new permit.

To make it more simplified and to get the best consultation, K. TAGGARZ Co. is at your service. We have helped thousands of individuals settle in Canada via Work Permit. But will it be the best way to apply to Canada? Get the best advice now, from one of our immigration counsellors.

WhatsApp chat