New immigrants or new Permanent Residents of Canada who are living outside Canada need a Permanent Resident Travel Document to enter Canada. It is valid for a single entry for persons who do not have a PR card issued. The PRTD is necessary to travel to Canada without which the entry might be denied.
Apply for a PRTD
- The following criteria must be met by a person to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document:
- Be a permanent resident of Canada.
- Should not have a PR card
- Should be living outside Canada
- On meeting these criteria, an application is submitted.
- The application is then reviewed by a visa officer and the PRTD is issued thereafter.
Apply for a PR card
A PR card can only be applied by a person on arriving in Canada. Once a person has obtained his/her PRTD, he/she can travel to Canada. On their arrival, the PR card will be applied by the officials at the airport.
The Permanent Resident documentation and filing can be done with the help of a Canada Certified Immigration Expert. While the process is not difficult, the chances of errors are high. It is advisable that you file your application with proper guidance.
To make it more simplified and to get the best consultation, K. TAGGARZ Co. is at your service. We have helped thousands of individuals to obtain their PRTD and PR cards. Get the best advice now, from one of our immigration counsellors.